CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, March 29, 2008

Arete Camp (Day 1)

Wow! Today is the 1st day of our Arete Camp! It's great! I was late due to some stupid stuff, have to host a band footdrills test. Reach the Golden Mile Complex at around 2 plus. When I reach there, they were close to having teaching, Leanne was briefing the camp. Soon, Pastor Jasmine started the teaching. It was a great teaching, "A Sanctified Life" and I have learnt really alot. Repentance, Shuwb which means to turn back and retreat from mistakes and sins. Guilt is just when you escape from the eye of God and even leaders, to prevent punishment and judgment.

A few verses which really touches my heart

"What good will it be for a man if he gains the whole world, yet forfeits his soul? Or what can a man give in exchange for his soul?"

Mattew 16:26

What does this verse means? Or how does this verse applies to me? In fact, alot of times, I will ask myself what is the reason why am I striving or working so hard in Music area. Am I really after fame? Am I after my passion? Or am I just doing something for the sake of creating out a name of myself in this world. Alot of times, I will relfect on my motives before making sure that I won't do anything that doesn't glorfy God. Because so what if I created a name out of this world, having fame, but what I have in soul is just a empty shell.

"Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation. The spirit is willing, but the body is weak."

Mattew 26: 41

Temptations is everywhere, even rite now in this camp.

0 comments: